The Users section of the IDERA Dashboard Administration view allows you to add users and groups, grant access to other team members or groups, and manage roles. For more information about user roles, see Understanding user roles. Users with administrative privileges are divided into two groups:
- Dashboard Administrator. Allows the user to manage access over Dashboard functions as well as individual product functions.
- Product Administrator. Allows the user to grant access to individual products for which they have administrative rights.
Users must be existing Active Directory users. Newly-added users must use their Windows user account and password to log in to your IDERA products.
To access user management in IDERA Dashboard, either select Manage Users from the Administration menu or click Manage Users on the Administration view of IDERA Dashboard.
Adding a user in the IDERA Dashboard
In the IDERA Dashboard, you can grant access to Windows users or groups. Use the following steps to add a user account:
- In the Manage Users view, click Add User / Group. IDERA Dashboard displays the User/Group Details dialog.
- Type the account name of the user to which you want to grant access. Enter a Windows user name in the format <domain\accountname>.
- Optional. In the Display name field, type the common name you want to appear when in use.
- In the Account Type field, select User or Group.
- Optional. Check Do not timeout the browser session for this account if you want the user to be able to remain logged in to your IDERA products even after a period of inactivity.
- In the Product field, select the IDERA product name to which you want to add this new user account.
If you select IDERA Dashboard in the Product field , the Role field allows you to select from the Dashboard Administrator and Dashboard Guest roles.
If you select a different IDERA product in the Product field , the Role field allows you to select from the Product Administrator, Product User, and Product Guest roles.
- In the Role field, select the role you want to assign to this new user account. For more information about the permissions available to each user role, see User role permissions.
If you want to add more roles to this user account or group , click Add More. IDERA Dashboard displays additional Product and Role fields for you to add another role.
- Click SAVE.
Editing a user in the IDERA Dashboard
Simply selecting the row of an existing user account allows you to edit the account name, display name, enable or disable the user account, and add new permissions. Use the following steps to edit a user or group:
- In the Manage Users view, click the row of the account you want to edit. IDERA Dashboard displays the User/Group Details dialog, populated with the known detail for that account.
- Make the necessary changes. If you want to add more roles to this user account or group , click Add New Permission. IDERA Dashboard displays additional Product and Role fields for you to add another role.
- Click SAVE.
Removing a user from the IDERA Dashboard
Clicking Delete for an existing user account or group allows you to remove that account from access to the IDERA Dashboard. Use the following steps to delete a user or group.
- In the Manage Users view, click the row of the user account or group that you want to delete. IDERA Dashboard displays the User/Group Details dialog.
- Click Delete. IDERA Dashboard displays a warning message that requires a confirmation whether you want to delete that selection.
- Click Yes. IDERA Dashboard removes the user account or group and they can no longer access the IDERA Dashboard using the account. If you did not mean to delete the selected account, click No.