Deploying the SQLcompliance Agent allows you to audit SQL traces written by the virtual SQL Server instance. Complete the following procedure on each cluster node that hosts a virtual SQL Server instance, including the currently active node as well as any passive nodes in the same cluster.
This task installs the SQLcompliance Agent and the Cluster Configuration Console.
To deploy the SQLcompliance Agent:
- Log on to the cluster node using an administrator account. Remember that you must repeat these steps on each cluster node that hosts a virtual SQL Server instance.
- Run Setup.exe in the root of the installation kit.
- Under the Install heading, click Cluster Configuration Console.
- Read the Welcome window, and then click Next.
- Review and accept the license agreement by clicking I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- Accept the default installation folder, or click Change to specify a different folder.
- Select whether you want the Cluster Configuration Console to be available to all users who log on to this computer, and then click Next.
- Click Install.
- The Cluster Configuration Console starts. Use this console to add the SQLcompliance Agent service to the cluster node.