You can deploy the SQLcompliance Agent to a registered SQL Server instance using the Management Console. Deploying the agent allows you to begin auditing server and database activity on the selected SQL Server instance.
If you want to audit a virtual SQL Server, you must manually deploy the SQLcompliance Agent to each cluster node hosting the server. Use the Cluster Configuration Console to deploy and configure the SQLcompliance Agent. For more information about installing and configuring the SQLcompliance Agent for a virtual SQL Server, see Audit a virtual SQL Server instance.
If you want to audit a SQL Server instance hosted by a computer that belongs to a non-trusted domain or a workgroup, you must manually deploy the SQLcompliance Agent to the host computer using the IDERA SQL Compliance Manager setup program.
To deploy the SQLcompliance Agent:
- Navigate to Registered SQL Servers in the Administration tree.
- Right-click the SQL Server instance to which you want to deploy the SQLcompliance Agent.
- Select Deploy Agent from the context menu.
- Type and confirm the account name and password. You want the SQLcompliance Agent service account to use the connect to your audited instances.
- Specify the trace directory and click Next.
- Review your settings, and then click Finish to deploy the SQLcompliance Agent.