In order for users to access SQL Elements, you need to grant them access. Additionally, if they want to receive alert emails, you have to enable this option for each user and type the email addresses where they will receive these notifications.
To add new users, edit their details (name, subscription or email address), or remove them, go to the following options on the Administration tab:
- Manage Users in the Users section
- Manage Subscriptions For All Users in the Alert Emails section
When you open any of these two alternatives, a new window opens with the following options:
- Add User
- Edit User
- Remove User
On this window you can see a list of all registered users with their respective email addresses and if they are subscribed to alerts.
You need to add users in order to give them access to SQL Elements. To add users, follow these steps:
- Type the name of the user you want to have access to SQL Elements. You should enter a Windows user name in the following format: <domain\user>. SQL Elements uses Windows authentication to validate users.
- Check the respective box if you want this user to receive alert emails for critical issues.
- Type the respective email address where you want the user to receive alert emails.
- Click SAVE.
- You should provide the new user with the following URL: http://<ServerName>:9276 (where ServerName is the name of the machine on which you installed the SQL Elements services).
Users must be existing Active Directory users. Newly added users should use their Windows user account with their respective passwords to log in to the SQL Elements.
If you have not configured your email server settings yet, SQL Elements displays the message Email settings have not been configured yet. Click here to configure sending alert emails. Click this option to configure your settings. For more information, go to Configuring your email settings for alert notifications
This option allows you to edit the user name, modify his/her subscription, and change the email address where they receive alerts. To enable this option, select one user from the list of users, click Edit User.
You can also click directly on the user´s name that you want to edit and SQL Elements opens the respective dialog window.
On the Edit User screen you can change:
- User Name
- Email address
- Alert Subscription
After you make your changes, click SAVE.
If you have not configured your email server settings yet, SQL Elements displays the message Email settings have not been configured yet. Click here to configure sending alert emails. Click this option to configure your settings. For more information, go to Configuring your email settings for alert notifications.
If you need to remove one or several users, check the box next to the user or users you want to remove. Click Remove User.
If you remove a user, they will no longer be able to log in to SQL Elements.