Previous new features on 2.5
Below is a list of features added and fixed issues in previous versions.
IDERA SQL Inventory Manager 2.5 now allows you to get information for server hosts for a registered SQL instance. The Explorer tab and the Instances tab contain new views that display server host information.
SQL Server 2017
- IDERA SQL Inventory Manager 2.5 provides support for discovering, monitoring, and displaying licensing information for SQL Server 2017 instances running on both Windows and Linux systems.
- IDERA SQL Inventory Manager 2.5 Repository can be installed on SQL Server 2017 for either Windows.
MS SQL Licensing
- An additional MS SQL Licensing view have been added to support licensing by physical hosts.
- For SQL Server 2016 and above IDERA SQL Inventory Manager updates MS SQL Licensing view to remove the usage of core factor, which is a change in Microsoft SQL Server Licensing Model.
- IDERA SQL Inventory Manager 2.5 supports TLS 1.2
Previous Fixed issues on 2.5
- SQL Inventory Manager can be installed with TLS 1.0 disabled.
- Upgrading a 2.4.1 installation on AG to 2.5 works properly.
- Users can now groom ignored instances properly.
- Group Users Permissions have been updated to allow granular permissions.
- Server Licensing Report correctly displays the summary information for SQL Server Version and Edition when Edition is not available.
- Top Databases by Activity chart shows data properly. It was previously showing no data for certain instances.
- Now, Scheduled Discovery (Network Scan) runs properly.
- The discovery status log shows valid page counts.
- You can now save the number of instances per page on the Instances Grid on the Home Page.
- Adding Tags works properly.
- Discovery on Organizational Unit (OU) works properly when scheduled scan is disabled.
- Domain check validation works properly for an OU using the Multiple Accounts option.
- The Select All checkbox for "Available Databases" works properly on the Manage Health Checks ->Database backup is not current dialog.
- Grooming of repository database works as expected.
- Sort by name on a Custom Field List works properly.
- List of Tags created in SQL Inventory Manager now sort properly.
- You can now successfully upgrade SQL Inventory Manager hosted on an AG database.
- Now, SQL Inventory Manager displays properly health checks reported from SQL Server 2016 AlwaysOn Availability Group.
- Discovery Center Options works as expected when saving time changes.