The SQL Safe Backup Policy Wizard allows you to create backup maintenance plans across your enterprise. A SQL Safe Backup Policy is defined as a set of databases for which a set of backup operations will be performed according to a defined schedule. If you choose to create backup jobs for this policy, SQL Safe creates SQL Server jobs for the specified backups.
How do you access the Backup Policy Wizard?
You can access the Backup Policy Wizard from any of the following paths:
- Go to the task bar, click Create Policy and then choose Backup Policy.
- On the Policies tab, right-click the Backup Policies folder and select Create Backup Policy.
- On the Policies tab, right-click one of your Backup Policies and select Create Backup Policy.
- On the Policies tab, click Create New Policy located on the Operation Summary section of the Backup Policies Status window. This option is only available before you create your first backup policy.
- From any tab, go to the File menu, select Create Policy and then Backup Policy.
- You can also find this option on the SQL Safe Today view, by going to the Common tasks and then selecting Create Backup Policy.
To get started with the Backup Policy Wizard:
- Name the policy.
- Select the databases you want to back up.
- Select backup options.
- Specify where you want to store the backup files.
- Schedule when and how often you want the backup to occur.
- Get notifications about the policy status.
- Review details.