- Open the IDERA SQL Admin Toolset Launchpad, and then click Quick Reindex.
- Specify the SQL Server whose indexes you want to check.
- Click Load Index Statistics.
- If you want to filter the index view by database object, select a database or table that contains the indexes you want view. Click the column headers to sort the indexes.
- If you want to resolve high fragmentation, select one or more fragmented indexes, and then click either Reorganize Indexes or Rebuild Indexes.
- If you want to reduce the strain on your system, enter the maximum degrees Maximum Degree of parallelism Parallelism in the Quick Reindex warning window. Maximum degrees of parallelism refers to the number of processor cores to be used in the reindex. The default value of 0 allows SQL Server to use all the available processors up to 64.
- If you want to perform index rebuilds using the Sort in tempdb, select On in the Quick Reindex warning window..
- Select Online Rebuild if you would like to perform the operation without taking the selected indexes offline.