The Instances tab allows you to perform actions on specific SQL Server instances.
To access the options that you can perform on a single instance, select the instance first, and then click the gear icon under Actions or select the respective option from the top menu bar.
You can perform the following actions on a single instance:
- Remove - use this option when you no longer want to monitor the instance and you want to remove it from your environment. SQL Enterprise Job Manager stops collecting information from this instance, its jobs, will not generate related alerts, and will not display any related information.
- Edit properties - use this option to change instance properties such as owner, location, collection interval, etc. For more information, go to Editing your SQL Server instance properties.
- Start SQL Server Agent - if the SQL Server Agent service on the selected instance is not running, use this option to start it.
- Stop SQL Server Agent - if the SQL Server Agent service ont the selected instance is running, use this option to stop it.
- Restart SQL Server Agent - Use this option to restart the SQL Server Agent service on your selected instance.
- Collect Data - this option is only available on the top bar menu, select this option if you want to force the collector to retrieve new information for the selected instance.
Read-only users cannot remove instances, perform actions on their SQL Server Agents, or edit instances properites. However, they can access a read-only version of the instances properties.