On the Instances tab you can find the list of all your registered instances, their most important information of their status and their jobs.
This tab allows you to see the following information:
- Instance name - displays the name of the registered SQL Server instance.
- Status - displays the status of the SQL Server instance. The status could be: Unknown, Up, Connection Failure, Unsupported SQL Server Version, Authentication Failure, or Error.
- Agent Status - displays the status of the SQL Server Agent services of the respective instance. The agent status could be: Running, Stopped, Stopping, Starting, or Unknown.
- SQL Server Version - displays the version of the SQL Server instances.
- # of Jobs - displays the total number of jobs on each instance
- # of Jobs with Failures - displays the total number of jobs which last run outcome was failed
- Owner - displays the owner specified for each instance
- Location - displays the location specified for each instance
- Actions - displays a gear icon where you can find the actions you can perform on a single instance or on several selected ones.
To find more information about what actions you can perform on a single or several selected instances, go to What actions you can perform on a single instance? or What bulk actions can you perform on several instances?.
How do you add SQL Server Instances?
To add new SQL Server instances to your environment, go to the top menu options of this tab, and click Add SQL Server instance. The wizard for registering instances opens. Go to Registering new SQL Server instances for more information.
How do you export information available on the Instances tab?
To export the information displayed in the current view of your Instances tab, go to the top menu options of this tab and click Export. Specify the format you want to use for the exported document: PDF, CSV, or XML.
How do you refresh information on the Instances tab?
Whenever there is new information to be updated on the Instances tab, the option Refresh (located on the top of this tab) becomes available so you can click and update it to the latest information.