The Job History tab lists chronologically all jobs events of your managed instances. SQL Enterprise Job Manager displays an entry each time a job runs.
On this list you can see the following values:
- Status - displays the status of each job event: failed, successful, retry, canceled, or unknown. Take into account that this is not the status of the job itself but of each event (every time the job runs).
- Date time - displays the date and time of each job event, including the time zone.
- Duration - shows the duration in hh:mm:ss of each job event (total duration of all steps executed for that job).
- Instance - displays the name of the SQL Server instance where the job ran.
- Job Name - shows the name of the respective job.
- Message - displays additional information of the job event: status, schedule used, last step ran, etc.
The status of job events are represented with the following icons:Successful, Canceled, Failed, Retry, or Unknown.
How can you export the information available on Job History?
To export the information displayed in the current view of the Job History tab, click the option Export on the top bar menu and select your required format: PDF, CSV, or XLS for exporting the information displayed.
How do you refresh the information available on the Job History tab?
Whenever there is new information to be updated on the Job History tab, the option Refresh (located on the top of this tab) becomes available so you can click and update it to the latest information.
Additionally, you can drill into any job event to see specific details about its steps. For more information on what is available when drilling into job events go to Viewing the steps of your job .
To learn how to order and filter the information on the Job History tab, go to Organizing and filtering your job history information.