These instructions are only valid for upgrades from 4.5 to the current version. All versions prior to 4.5 must first upgrade to version 4.5, and then to the current version.
If you are upgrading to SQL Compliance Manager version 5.5, you must first upgrade to version 4.5 and then to 5.0 before upgrading to 5.5.
For upgrade instructions for version 4.5, see Upgrade from SQL Compliance Manager 4.5 to 5.0.
You can use the setup program to upgrade all components or any individual component. The setup program detects whether IDERA SQL Compliance Manager components are running or installed on the local computer. The setup program automatically upgrades the Management Console, the Collection Server, and the SQL Compliance Agent according to your implementation.
The Repository must reside on a version of SQL Server that is greater than or equal to the highest audited SQL Server version.
To upgrade from SQL Compliance Manager 4.5 and later to current version:
- Log on with an administrator account to the computer on which you want to upgrade IDERA SQL Compliance Manager components.
SQLCMInstall.EXEin the root of the installation kit.
- The IDERA SQL Compliance Manager welcome window shows you the components you can upgrade to the current version or the ones that require a fresh installation. Click Next to begin the upgrade process.
- On the Repositories window, select the authentication type and enter the SQL credentials, if necessary, and click Next.
- Type the appropriate credentials in the provided fields under which the IDERA Dashboard services run, and then click Next.
- Review the installation settings and click Install.
- Start the Management Console. When prompted, schedule a time for SQL Compliance Manager to perform maintenance on your Repository databases.
- Upgrade your SQL Compliance Agents
If you currently use the latest version of IDERA SQL Compliance Manager, it is not possible to upgrade the IDERA Dashboard only. To upgrade the IDERA Dashboard only, you need to use the CWF installer.
For more information, see IDERA Dashboard.
SQL Compliance Manager is ONLY compatible with IDERA Dashboard version 4.6 and with limited support.