IDERA SQL Data Compare command line provides for comparing and synchronizing the content of SQL Server databases via the command line. With the command line you can:
- Perform automated data comparison and synchronization;
- Compare and synchronize database content as part of your setup and deployment solution;
- Compare database content and execute the data synchronization script in batch files;
- Schedule the comparison.
All command line settings are specified in an xml config file. You can create an xml config file via one of the following methods:
- Using the data compare command line wizard. You can access the wizard from the start menu, under Start > All Programs > IDERA > SQL Server comparison tools > Command Lines.
- Using the data compare interface. Simply compare the databases for which you wish to create a command line config file, set the options and other comparison preferences and click Create a command line config file link in the Ribbon, context menu or in the right panel.
- Manually, using any text editor, such as Notepad.
The command line comes with samples for most typical data comparison scenarios. The sample configuration files are located under \Program Files\Idera\SQL comparison toolset\Command Line Samples\Data Compare\.
Total compare from data to schema with IDERA SQL Comparison Toolset. Learn more > >