IDERA SQL Schema Compare command line allows you to compare and synchronize database schema via the command line. With the command line you can:
- Perform automated schema comparison and synchronization;
- Compare and synchronize database schema as part of your setup and deployment solution;
- Compare database schemas and execute the synchronization scripts in batch files;
- Schedule the comparison.
All command line settings are specified in an xml config file. You can create an xml config file via one of the following methods:
- Using the SQL Schema Compare command line wizard. You can access the wizard from the start menu, under Start > All Programs > IDERA > SQL Server comparison tools > Command Lines.
- Using the SQL Schema Compare interface. Simply compare the databases for which you wish to create a command line config file, set the options and other comparison preferences and click Create a command line config file in the Ribbon, context menu or in the right panel.
- Manually, using any text editor, such as Notepad.
The command line comes with samples for most typical data comparison scenarios. The sample configuration files are located under \Program Files\Idera\SQL comparison toolset\Command Line Samples\Schema Compare\.
Total compare from data to schema with IDERA SQL Comparison Toolset. Learn more > >