Idera SQL Schema Compare command line is a set of tools that allow you to compare SQL Server databases via the command line.
With the command line you can:
- Perform automated schema comparison and synchronization;
- Compare live SQL Server databases or database snapshots;
- Compare and synchronize databases as part of your setup and deployment solution;
- Compare databases and execute the synchronization script in batch files;
- Schedule the database comparison.
The command line includes:
- A wizard for generating the command line xml config file.
- The command line utility, that uses the xml config file to compare and synchronize SQL Server databases.
We included command line samples for the most common scenarios, in order to help you get started. The sample xml config files are located in the toolset installation folder, usually under \Program Files (x86)\Idera\SQL comparison toolset v<n>\Command Line Samples\Schema Compare\, where v<n> is the toolset version number.