Generally, you can install new builds of the Idera SQL Comparison Toolset on top of a previously-installed version, without having to uninstall the older version first.
Installing SQL Comparison Toolset
When you download the Idera SQL Comparison Toolset from our web site, you receive an .msi setup file that you can run to install the toolset. The installation creates the Idera SQL Comparison Toolset group in the Start Menu, and places Idera SQL schema compare and Idera SQL data compare shortcuts on the desktop.
Uninstalling SQL Comparison Toolset
To uninstall the SQL Comparison Toolset
Use one of the following processes:
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Select Idera SQL Comparison Toolset.
- Click Uninstall/Change, and then follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.
- If you still have the original .msi file, double-click the file.
- Click Remove, and then follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.