Upon completion of the schema compare operation, the results of the comparison are displayed on a new comparison session tab. The Comparison Results window is divided into three main sections:
- Comparison summary. The main section displays the list of all objects that were compared, grouped by object type, indicating for each object the result of the comparison (equal, different, exists only on one of the databases). By default, all the objects are displayed including the ones that are identical, however, a handy context menu allows you to filter objects based on object type or/and based on the result of the comparison.
- Differences. The bottom section of the results window contains three tabs.
- The Differences tab displays, side by side, the scripts of the object pair that has been selected in the top section of the results grid in both of the databases being compared. The differences are highlighted using a simple color coding scheme.
- The Left Database Script contains the t-sql script that you would need to execute on the left database to make the selected object on the left side the same as the corresponding object on the right side.
- The Right Database Script contains the t-sql script that you would need to execute on the right database to make the selected object on the right side the same as the corresponding object on the left side.
- Action. The right panel provides quick access to action buttons/links that allow you to generate synchronization scripts, view/change comparison options, refresh comparison results etc.