In order to receive notifications from the SQLDM Mobile and the Newsfeed service, you must configure how the IDERA Newsfeed Platform should communicate with your Mail Server.
Available email settings
In the Email Settings you can perform the following changes:
- Name of your Mail Server.
- Port that the SQLDM Mobile & Newsfeed Service should use to communicate with the Mail Server (by default, port 25).
- How long (in seconds) the IDERA Newsfeed Platform should wait for a reply from the Mail Server before timing out (by default, 15 seconds).
- Whether the Mail Server requires authentication, and which credentials should be used for authentication.
- The name and the email address that the SQLDM Mobile & Newsfeed Service should use when sending notification emails.
To configure your email settings, follow these steps:
- Start the IDERA Newsfeed Platform Manager console.
- Click the Notification Server tab.
- Specify the appropriate values.
- To ensure SQLDM Mobile can connect to your Mail Server, click Test.
- Click Save.