The Active Alerts view allows you to view a list of all the active alerts as of the last data collection. Click any alert in the list to view details at the bottom of the window.
Access the Active Alerts view
You can open the Active Alerts view of the SQL Diagnostic Manager Overview tab by selecting the appropriate SQL Server instance, and then clicking Overview > Active Alerts.
The Active Alerts view includes the 12 Hour Forecast option to display the likelihood an alert is generated at a given time during the day, broken down into two-hour segments. This information helps you know on which areas you should concentrate your focus to avoid problems within your SQL Server environment.
In addition to providing the ability to see all your active alerts in a single window, the Active Alerts view allows you to perform the following functions via the right-click context menu for each alert:
- Open the Real Time view for more information on the metric that caused the alert.
- Open the Historical view to review the history of the metric that caused the alert. The Show Historical View option is not available for all alerts.
- Open the Show Details view for more information on the metric that caused the alert. The Show Details View option is not available for all alerts.
- Open the SQL Diagnostic Manager online help to the topic for the selected alert.
- Clear the selected alert or clear all alerts of the selected type for this SQL Server instance. The Clear Alert and Clear All Alerts of this Type for this Instance options are not available for all alerts.
- Open the alert configuration for the metric.
- Snooze the alert for a set period of time.
- Collapse or expand all of the displayed alert groups. This option is available only when you use the Group By Box functionality.
- You can also print, export results to Microsoft Excel, and copy the alert information to your Clipboard for additional use.