When you archive events using the Management Console, IDERA SQL Compliance Manager can also perform the following actions:
- Check the integrity of the collected events to ensure you are archiving uncompromised data. If the audit data for the selected SQL Server instance fails this integrity check, SQL Compliance Manager does not archive the data.
- Log the event in the Change Log.
You can also perform an integrity check using the command line interface (CLI), allowing you to schedule and automate your archive workflow.
To archive events using the Management Console:
- Set your archive preferences. To set archive preferences, click Auditing on the menu bar, and then select Archive and Retention > Archive Preferences.
- Click Auditing on the menu bar, and then select Archive and Retention > Archive Audit Data Now.
- Choose whether you want to archive events for all registered instances. You can select a specific SQL Server instance.
- If you want to generate a CLI command that uses your archival preferences, click Generate Script. From the View Script window, you can save the command as a batch file or copy the command to another application.
- To archive your audit data now, click OK.