To see what options are available for one single instance, select the instance first, and then the following options become available on the top bar menu of the the Instances tab:
- Collect Data - select this option if you want to force the collector to retrieve new information for the selected instance.
- SQL Server Agent - select this option to Start, Stop, or Restart the SQL Server Agent service of the instance.
- Edit Credentials - select this option to edit the connection credentials that SQL Enterprise Job Manager uses to connect to the selected instance. This option is also available under the gear Action option.
- Edit Properties - use this option to change instance properties such as owner, location, collection interval, etc. For more information, go to Editing your SQL Server instance properties. This option is also available under the gear Action option.
Additionally, there are actions available for one single instance. Once you select your instance, on the same line under the Actions column there is a gear icon that allows you to perform this actions. The following are the the following actions:
- Remove - use Use this option when you no longer want to monitor the instance and you want to remove it from your environment. SQL Enterprise Job Manager stops collecting information from this instance, its jobs, will not generate related alerts, and will not display any related information.
- Start SQL Server Agent - if If the SQL Server Agent service on the selected instance is not running, use this option to start it.
- Stop SQL Server Agent - if If the SQL Server Agent service on the selected instance is running, use this option to stop it.
- Restart SQL Server Agent - Use this option to restart the SQL Server Agent service on your selected instance.
In order to To start or stop the SQL Server Agent, the SQL Server service account must have permissions to start/stop services.
Read-only users cannot remove instances, perform actions on their SQL Server Agents, or edit instances properties. However, they can access a read-only version of the instances instance's properties.