SQL Safe Backup provides the following new features and fixed issues.
8.7.2 New Features
Amazon S3 Cloud
- The StorageClass parameter is now available when backing up to Amazon S3 Cloud (AWS S3).
SQL Safe Repository
- Users can now record the cluster details in the SQL Safe Repository.
8.7.2 Fixed Issues
- Backup and Restore operations are allowed on Azure File storage and Azure Blob storage.
Backup / Restore
- Backup and Restore operations of a database from an Untrusted Domain server are successful.
- Backup and Restore operations are allowed from Untrusted Domains.
- Backup and Restore operations are working properly on the Amazon S3 cloud.
- Restore Policies are working properly through CLI commands for backups in the Amazon S3 cloud.
- Restore Hydration operations can be canceled on the Management Console.
- The Management Service is working properly.
Object Level Recovery
- Reference objects are included in Object Level Recovery operations.
- Backup and Restore policies are working properly for the Azure cloud.
- SQL Safe detects when a policy is out of sync.
- The Restore Again option is assigning properly the new path location.
SQL Safe Agent
- In untrusted domains, Windows Authentication is blocked and the SQL Safe Agent authenticates using SQL Server Authentication.
- After the temporary database has been previously backed up, then the repository is upgraded successfully.
- After upgrading SQL Safe Backup, the registration of the Web Console is successful.
- Virtual Database operations are working properly for both local and remote instances.
8.7.1 New Features
- Extended support is now available for cloud backups and restores from Azure and Amazon S3.
- The user experience has been improved in the Desktop Console.
Object Level Recovery / Virtual Database
- The Object Level Recovery and Virtual Database functionalities are now refined and reinforced.
8.7.1 Fixed Issues
- Backup files are now deleted from the temporary download location while performing a
- Amazon S3 and Azure cloud storage performance has been improved to load large backup
- Restore operations from Amazon and Azure cloud storage through T-SQL
and CLI commands are now working properly.
- Email notifications are sent properly now after the product upgrade.
- Queued operations are now displayed correctly in the Operation Status window.
- Policies performance has
Virtual Database and Object Level Recovery
- Virtual Database and Object Level Recovery operations are now supported in a cluster
environment after a failover.
Make sure you set up manually the VDBMetadata directory structure before a Virtual Database operation is
attempted on an availability group environment.
8.7 New Features
Object Level Recovery
- The Object Level Recovery functionality is now available in the Desktop Console.
- Users can now copy policies in the Desktop Console.
- The Virtual Database functionality is now available in the Desktop Console.