SQL Admin Toolset provides the following new features and fixed issues.
1.7 New features
There are no new features in this release.
1.7 Fixed issues
Backup Status tool
This release corrects an issue causing the Backup Status tool to unnecessarily increase memory consumption.
SQL Search tool
This release corrects an issue causing the SQL Search tool to include excerpts that did not contain the search string.
SQL Discovery tool
- The SQL Discovery tool now displays only a single error message when a user scans a list of computers and one or more of the servers is unreachable.
- The SQL discovery tool no longer crashes when opened in a Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 environment.
Connection Check tool
The Server Health Check function of the Connection Check tool now properly connects with SQL Server authentication credentials.
Multi Query tool
This release fixes a possible handle leak in the Multi Query tool.
Database Mover tool
This release corrects an issue causing the Database Mover tool to lock when copying a large database.
User Clone tool
The User Clone tool now properly clones explicit permissions for a database.
Job Mover tool
This release corrects an issue preventing the Job Mover tool from copying the job output file settings.
Quick Reindex tool
- Users who run an edition of SQL Server that supports online index rebuilding now can use that feature in the Quick Reindex tool.
- The Quick Reindex tool now includes the Fill Factor column in the SQL Server 2000 version.
- If you want to rebuild multiple indexes with varying fill factor settings, the Quick Reindex tool allows you to retain the current setting of each index by selecting the Current Fill Factor option in the Index Settings area. Note that the index list also includes the Fill Factor column for you to quickly view the fill factor settings of each index.
- This release corrects an issue causing the Quick Reindex tool to use the old Fill Factor entry when the entry is manually changed on the back end without first loading the index statistics.
- This release corrects an issue causing the Quick Reindex tool to display an incorrect fragmentation percentage.
Partition Generator tool
The Partition Generator tool no longer displays an error message when a user attempts to use the tool on servers running SQL Server 2008 R2 Data Center Edition.
Inventory Reporter tool
- This release corrects an issue causing the Inventory Reporter tool to show an exception error when you have the Show Servers as Rows option turned on, and then click Copy.
- This release corrects an issue causing the Inventory Reporter tool to switch the results of the Minimum SQL Server Memory and Maximum SQL Server Memory columns.
Index Analyzer tool
- The Index Analyzer tool now properly displays the Fill Factor column to display statistics for analyzed indexes.
- This release corrects an issue causing the Index Analyzer tool to show an exception error when you type an alphabetic character into the Hide Indexes under X rows field.
- Corrected an issue preventing the proper function of the Hide Non-Clustered Indexes check box.
- The Index Analyzer tool now displays an accurate Selectivity percentage and the correct total number of records displayed.
Space Analyzer tool
The new Auto Unit field in the Space Analyzer tool allows you to select the unit of measurement that best displays your results.
Server Statistics tool
The Server Statistics tool now returns all the correct data when connected to a SQL server 2012 database.
Server Ping tool
This release corrects an issue causing the Server Ping tool to show an exception to SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager users with a local server.
SQL Admin Toolset delivers 24 essential administration tools. Learn more > >