The IDERA Dashboard comes with a Java SE Runtime Environment 7 already set up.
To manually update the Java SE Runtime Environment 8 perform the steps below:
- Open Windows Services Manager and Stop the Idera Dashboard Core Service and the Idera Dashboard Web Application Service.
- Go to the official ORACLE website (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html), accept the License Agreement and download the JRE patch.
- Extract the JRE files and review that they contain a bin and a lib folder along with other individual files.
- Replace the JRE files in the IDERA Dashboard JRE folder (i.e. "C:\Program Files\Idera\Dashboard\WebApplication\JRE").
- Open Windows Services Manager and start the Idera Dashboard Core Service and the Idera Dashboard Web Application Service.
- To validate the Java version, on the JRE folder open the release file with a notepath editor.