SQL Enterprise Job Manager lets you see the specific details for a selected Job. This view includes all your job information across all instances it is associated with.
To access this view, click the name of the Job on any section of the console. In the Job Details view, you can find the following sections:
In this section, you can view all alerts related to your job across all instances it is associated with. The alerts in this section are ordered by level of severity and grouped by alert rule.
In the Alerts section, you can perform the following actions:
- Sort by Severity - use this option to order your alerts by severity. SQL Enterprise Job Manager displays four levels of alerts severity, also identified with colors: Critical (red), Warning (yellow), Informational (gray), and OK (green).
- Hide Alerts - select this option if you do not want to see any of the displayed alerts
- Show Alerts - click this option to view all alerts again
For each alert rule you can view the following options:
- Show Details - click this option to see the complete list of job event alerts that belong to a specific alert rule. Use Hide Details to display the summarized form of the alert rule.
- Dismiss - to ignore the complete alert rule with their associated job alerts.
- Collect Data - click this option to get the latest information available on the job alert
When you choose to Show Details of a specific alert rule, you can see all job events associated with that specific alert rule. For each job event you can:
- Start Job at Step - use the drop-down options to select an specific step to start the job again
- Dismiss - click this option to ignore the job event alert
- Collect Data - use this option to get the latest information on the job event alert
In this section, you can view the schedule information of your job for the current day. Use the option View Full Schedule on the top right section, to access the Schedule tab.
In the lower section of your Job Details view, you can see the job history information across all instances it is related to. In this section you can view the following information:
- Status - displays the status of each job event (every time the job runs)
- Date/Time - displays the date and time of each job event, including the time zone.
- Duration - shows the duration in hh:mm:ss of each job event (total duration of all steps executed for that job event).
- Instance - displays the name of the SQL Server instance where the job ran.
- Job Name - displays the name of the job
- Message - displays additional information about the job event: status, schedule used, the last step ran, etc.
This section allows you to drill into any job event and see more specific information about its steps. Click thebutton to expand and view the following information of each step:
- Status - displays the status of each step.
- Date/Time - shows the date, time, and timezone when the step finished.
- Step ID - displays the identification number (ID) of each step.
- Step Name - displays the name of the step.
- Message - shows additional information about the step.