Before implementing IDERA SQL Compliance Manager, review the following guidelines to ensure optimal performance, security, and disaster recovery. For example, if you anticipate collecting large numbers of events (several hundred thousand or more) in a short time period, consider incorporating one or more of these guidelines in your SQL Compliance Manager deployment.
- Identify how much audit data you expect to collect
- Use a dedicated computer for the Collection Server
- Optimize the model database settings
- Optimize the tempdb database settings
- Preserve audit data using archives
- Implement a disaster recovery strategy