You can organize and view more specific information in the Job History tab.
To sort the information available on the job events list, click the header of any column and SQL Enterprise Job Manager orders the information according to the selected column. For example, click Duration to sort jobs by the duration time.
If you want to view more specific information, go to the filters section on the left side of the Job History tab and use the filters available there. You can filter your information by:
- Status - Filter according to your jobs status: Failed, Canceled, Succeeded, Retry, or Unknown.
- Instance - Type those instances whose jobs you want to see. Click the respective icons [ ], [^], for example type %dev% and all instances that contain the word "dev" will be included for filtering. to add or remove an instance. To easily identify your instance names, you can use wildcard characters such as: %, _,
- Job name - Type the names of the jobs for which you want to view their historical information. Click the respective icons [ ], [^], for example type %backup% and all jobs that contain the word "backup" will be included for filtering. to add or remove jobs. To easily identify your job names, you can use wildcard characters such as: %, _,
If your Job name has [ ] characters, replace them by the underscore "_" character so that SQL Enterprise Job Manager does not take them as wildcards and the alert rule is triggered correctly.
You can unselect the option Apply filter as it changes to make all your filter selections first and have your information changed when you finish.
How do you remove filters?
You can remove filters by following these options:
- Use the specific Remove Filter option in each filter. For example, if you want to remove your status filters, click Remove STATUS Filter under the same filter section or click the remove icon next to the Instance or Job Name filter.
- Under FILTERED BY on the top section or your Job History tab, you can see those filters that you have selected, click the X icon next to the ones you want to remove.
- Use the option Clear to remove all filters.