This version of IDERA SQL Inventory Manager brings you new features that will help you improve the management of your environment. Upgrade to this new release so you can access and make the most of these features.
Click here to access the list of new features for this release.
Before upgrading, take into account the following checklist:
- Back up your IDERA SQL Inventory Manager and Repositories. The upgrade process will convert the repositories from the previous schema to the current schema. Once you finish the upgrade you cannot revert to previous repositories, be sure to take a backup in case you want to revert to a previous version of the schema.
- Make sure that your environment meets the hardware and software requirements for installing IDERA SQL Inventory Manager.
- Ensure you have the required accounts and permissions.
To upgrade to this release:
- Open the installer, click Next.
- Read the License Agreement. If you agree, click I accept the Terms and Conditions and then click Next.
- Select Install or upgrade locally and click Next.
- The IDERA SQL Inventory Manager installer detects if you have any previous installation and prompts you if you want to upgrade. Click OK to continue.
- On the Create Repository section click Next.
- The IDERA SQL Inventory Manager installer detects if you have any previous Repositories and prompts you to upgrade. Click Yes to upgrade your previously existing repositories.
- Enter your service credentials and click Next. For more information you can refer to Installing SQL Inventory Manager.
- Review your settings and click Install to continue. If you want to change any of your settings click Back.
- After the installation is finished, you can choose to Launch IDERA SQL Inventory Manager immediately.
When IDERA SQL Inventory Manager launches on your browser, you should use your Windows user account with your respective password to log in to the product. Please take into account that IDERA SQL Inventory Manager does not store passwords
Keep in mind that with the upgrade to the latest version:
- You keep your previously registered instances and their respective data.
- Services continue to run on same port as before the upgrade.
- Home page Web URL does not change.
Take into account that if you install a new version of IDERA SQL Inventory Manager in a distributed environment where previous versions of repositories were installed, these repositories will be updated but will remain linked to previous services. To avoid this issue you can:
- Uninstall the previous IDERA SQL Inventory Manager version to unlink repositories from previous services
- Upgrade to a new IDERA SQL Inventory Manager version, launching the installer from the server machine where the previous services were installed