This step-to-step guide helps you through the process installation of the and 2.2.
Start your IDERA SQL Business Intelligence Manager installation
You can install the IDERA Dashboard and SQL Business Intelligence Manager 2.2 on any computer that meets or exceeds the product requirements.
To install the IDERA Dashboard and SQL BI Manager:
- Log on with an administrator account to the computer where you want to install SQL BI Manager.
- Run the Setup.exe in the root of the installation kit.
- On the Welcome window of the setup program, click Next.
Review the license agreement. To accept this license agreement, click I accept the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, and then click Next.
Select a registration option to install your IDERA Dashboard
You can select to install or upgrade your IDERA Dashboard on your local machine or on a remote server. If you have previously installed the IDERA Dashboard, provide the URL and the administrator credentials. Then click Next.
Select an installation location and type a display name for your instance
You can use the default install location or specify a different path. For your first install, we recommend using the default location. On the Display Name text box, type a unique name for your SQLBI instance. The display name helps you to distinguish different instances of the same product. Click Next to continue with the installation.
Select a Windows user account to use for the service account
SQL BI Manager uses the service account to communicate between the monitored SQL Server instance and the SQL BI Manager Repository. The IDERA Dashboard uses this account to connect, discover, and gather configuration information from SQL Servers in your Business environment. The installer grants the "Log on as a Service" right to the account that you specify.
To specify a service account:
- On the Service Account window, type appropriate credentials in the provided fields under which the services run.
- Click Next. SQL BI Manager verifies the connection before continuing.
Select service ports to use for the IDERA Dashboard
The IDERA Dashboard uses ports 9094, 9290, 9291, and 9292 for the web application and dashboard services respectively. However, you can specify different service ports.
To specify a service port:
- On the Service Ports window, specify the ports you want the web application and dashboard services to use.
- Verify that the Firewall allows TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) traffic through your specified ports.
- Click Next.
Select a SQL Server instance to use for the IDERA Dashboard Repository database
The IDERA Dashboard Repository database is where the collected data, alert information, and alert configuration settings are stored.
To specify the SQL Server instance to install the Repository Database follow the next steps:
- On the Repository Database screen, specify the host SQL Server instance you want to use for the IDERA Dashboard Repository database.
- Type the name for the IDERA Dashboard Repository database.
If your SQL Server environment uses SQL Server Authentication, select the respective checkbox and click Change to enter SQL Server credentials. By default, the IDERA Dashboard uses your Windows credentials when connecting to the Repository database.
If you use Microsoft SQL Server Authentication, a new window displays where you can type the respective SQL Server login and password.
- Click Next.
Select a SQL Server instance to use for the SQL BI Manager Repository database
The SQL BI Manager Repository is where the collected data, alert information, and alert configuration settings are stored.
To specify the SQL Server instance to install the SQL Diagnostic Manager Repository on:
- Type the hostname and instance in the space provided.
- If your SQL Server environment uses SQL Server Authentication, select the respective checkbox and click Change to enter SQL Server credentials. By default, SQL BI Manager uses your Windows credentials when connecting to the Repository.
- If you want the SQL BI Management Service to use SQL Server Authentication, select the respective checkbox, and click Change to enter SQL Server credentials. By default, SQL BI Manager uses your Windows credentials when connecting to the Repository.
- Click Next.
Complete the install
The setup will grant the provided accounts access to SQL BI Manager and the IDERA Dashboard. The user that installs the IDERA Dashboard has access to this application by default as a Dashboard Administrator. You can choose whether you want other users to have access to the IDERA Dashboard in the Administration view.
- Click Install to indicate that you are ready to complete your installation with the configurations you specified. If you want to review or change any of your settings, click Back.
- Click Finish to exit the IDERA Dashboard Setup Wizard.
You need to reboot your client machine after installation.
To access the IDERA Dashboard and the SQL BI Manager web console, see Log in the IDERA Dashboard and web console.
Uninstalling the IDERA Dashboard
If you wish to uninstall the IDERA Dashboard, make sure to unregister all products by clicking the Manage Products link of the Products widget in the Administration view. For additional information, see Managing products in the IDERA Dashboard.