The Sensitive Column window of the Configuration wizard allows you to select the individual table columns or datasets you want IDERA SQL Compliance Manager to audit for sensitive column access. Configure the type of activity you want to collect data for, choose between Selects, Selects and DML or All Activity. This information is important to track whether a third-party application or database user read data in a specific table column.
This feature can affect the performance of your Collection Server and Management Console. Auditing sensitive columns can result in a significant amount of data being collected, consider auditing SELECT commands at the column level only when those columns contain highly sensitive data that should not be widely accessed or read.
Sensitive Columns can be an individual column or a group of columns that come together to form sensitive data. If no individual columns are selected, by default all columns from the selected table will be audited.
Sensitive column auditing is not available until you deploy an agent to audit the server and a heartbeat is received.
Sensitive Column auditing is supported by SQL Compliance Manager Agent 3.5 or later. To use this feature, please ensure you upgrade your agent to at least version 3.5.
Select a Database from the list and click Configure.
Allows you to select one or more database tables to audit for sensitive columns.
Allows you to specify a group of columns to audit as a set of sensitive information.
Allows you to remove the selected database table from the list of audited tables.
Allows you to select individual columns to be audited within the selected table.
Allows you to choose which type of activity you want Sensitive Columns to collect data for. You can choose one of the following types of activity to collect data for your Sensitive Columns:
- Select Only - captures all Select queries only.
- All Activity - captures all Select, DDL and DML activities on tables configured for Sensitive Column.
- Captures Select, Insert, Update and Delete on the Sensitive Columns.
- Captures Alter and Drop queries on tables where Sensitive Columns are present.
- Captures Select, Insert, Update and Delete on the Sensitive Columns if the sensitive columns are accessed through views or Stored Procedures.
- SELECT and DML - captures Select queries and DML activity such as; Select, Insert, Update and Delete.