IDERA SQL Compliance Manager provides the following new features and fixed issues.
IDERA, Inc. customers are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws and standards affecting their business. IDERA, Inc. does not represent that its products or services ensure that customer is in compliance with any law. It is the responsibility of the customer to obtain legal, accounting, or audit counsel as to the necessary business practices and actions to comply with such laws.
6.1 New Features
Event Logging Upgrade
The new feature “Auditing the IP address of the source of an event” allows SQL Compliance Manager to capture and record the IP address of the source of an event along with other relevant information. This feature provides an additional layer of security and compliance, giving organizations more visibility into who is accessing their data and from where. I t is configurable in the Audited Activities tab.
SQL Compliance Manager 6.1 improved to detect all the manual changes made to the [Events] and [EventSQL] tables by an Integrity Check.
Support for Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022
SQL Compliance Manager 6.1 adds support for Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 for installation and features. For more information on the operating system support, visit the Software Requirements page.
6.1 Fixed Issues
- When running reports in both the Windows Console and Reportings Services you can now select multiple instances in the <Server Instance> dropdown.
- Report Results rows now can be configured to use more than 10K Event Records.
- Added a Horizontal Line in the Reports allowing users to adjust the space that the filters or the report use at any given time. Also added a horizontal scrollbar allowing the user to navigate through the reports.
- Resolved the issue where running the SQL Server Reporting Services listed all users in a long string in the report output when all users are selected.
- Fixed an issue where an error occurred during the setup of the Collection Service account with a password longer than 32 characters during the installation.
- Resolved the issue where auditing via extended events and making changes to the temp-tables caused to "Audit all user tables" when "DML\SELECT Filters" was configured.
- Resolved an issue where the DataChanges table showed a number of eventId ` s with a value of NULL.
- Fixed an issue where the error prompted "An item with the same key has already been added" prompted while loading configuration for the SERVER and occurred when having two databases with the same id but different names.
- Resolved the issue where SSMS native activities were picked up when using Extended Events as the collection method.
- Resolved the issue where an error appeared when opening Excel export of "Regulatory Compliance Check" report in SSRS.
- Fixed the issue where the Audit Events View didn't keep custom columns after the console was restarted.
- Fixed an issue where making changes to the [EventSQL] table was not picked up by the Integrity Check.
- Resolved an issue where the Login Filter was recording the same login multiple times.
- Excel report export no longer rounds up event timestamps.
- Resolved an issue where Trusted User registration was case-sensitive for an auto-registered new database while it was case-insensitive for manually registered databases.
For more information about new features and fixed issues in version 6.0, see Previous new features and fixed issues.