Ensure you review the Collection Server requirements before installing. By default, IDERA SQL Compliance Manager installs with a trial license. Update the license key to reflect your current production license.
To install the Collection Server:
- Log on with an administrator account to the computer on which you want to install the Collection Server.
SQLCMInstall.EXEin the root of the installation kit.
- Review the information you need to start the installation and click Next.
Review and accept the license agreement by selecting the I accept the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement checkbox.
Select the SQL Compliance Manager Management components only setup and then click Next.
Specify if you want to register SQL Compliance Manager with an existing IDERA Dashboard.
- Accept the default folder for your SQL Compliance Manager installation, type or click Browse to specify a different folder, and then click Next.
- Specify the SQL Server Instance on which you restored the Repository databases and a form of authentication to create the SQL Compliance Manager repository.
- Indicate that you want to use the existing Repository databases, and then click Next.
- If you want to audit the Repository or other databases associated with the selected SQL Server instance, click Yes, and then click Next.
- Specify the location where the Collection Server should store audit data received from the SQL Compliance Manager Agent, and then click Next. The specified folder will be the trace file directory on the Collection Server.
- Type the appropriate credentials in the provided fields under which IDERA services run, and then click Next. IDERA uses this account to connect, discover, and gather configuration information from SQL Servers in your Business environment. The installer grants the "Log on as a Service" right to the account that you specify.
- Review the installation settings and click Install.
while installing the new Collection Server components, an error message is displayed that prompts for the removal of the newly restored SQLcompliance and SQLcomplianceProcessing databases, which the installer locates on the newly designated repository server, check the Known Issues section for more details about this problem, and do not proceed with the installation.If