The Permissions Check window displays the results of a check of the permissions required by IDERA SQL Compliance Manager on the SQL Server instance you want to monitor. This check runs automatically each time you register a new instance. You can run a Permissions Check at any point in time from the Auditing menu bar.
If the check fails, review the issue, make the required change to the target SQL Server instance, and then click Re-check. Once the check is complete, click Next to continue.
Required permissions include:
- Collection Service must have rights to the Repository databases
- Collection Service must have rights to read the registry at
- Collection Service must have permissions to the collection trace directory
- Agent Service must have permissions to the agent trace directory
- Agent Service must have rights to read the registry at
- Agent Service must have rights to the SQL Server instance
- SQL Server must have permissions to the agent trace directory
- SQL Server must have permissions to the collection trace directory
You can make changes to the registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Idera\SQLcompliance to update permissions for your services. for more information about the registry key, see Manage the registry key.
To successfully run and pass the Permissions Check, make sure you are logged in as one of the following users while registering an instance:
- SQL Compliance Agent Service User
- SQL Server Service User
- Current Logged-in User
For more information, see SQL Compliance Manager Permissions Requirements.
Allows you to re-check the required permissions after making an update to the target SQL Server instance in case the preliminary check fails.
Displays an icon that shows whether the check is in progress, passed or failed.
Displays the list of permissions checked in this step.
Displays the current status of the associated check. All checks display Waiting until run.