Assigning an owner to an application provides a single point of contact for coworkers to call when SQLDM is experiencing issues. Application ownership can correlate with specific job responsibilities for administrating your SQLDM installations.
To assign an owner using the SQLDM Console:
- In the Newsfeed navigation pane, click Applications.
- In the right pane, select the application whose owner you want to change.
- In the profile pane, click Info.
- In the right pane, click Edit.
- Use the Owner pull-down menu to select the appropriate person.
- Click OK.
What happens when I assign application ownership to someone?
When you assign an owner to an application, the IDERA Newsfeed Platform automatically configures this user to follow the selected application, ensuring an easily and quickly access to the application status updates from the Most Recent feed. The platform also updates the application profile to include the contact information.
What are the benefits of application ownership?
Application ownership provides several benefits:
- Following - By owning an application, you automatically follow it.
- Notifications - You can receive notifications from the SQLDM Mobile and Newsfeed Service about application activity. To receive these notifications, change your account settings.
Who can set application ownership?
Any IDERA Newsfeed user who has SQLDM administrator rights can set ownership. To check these security settings, identify which SQLDM installation the IDERA Newsfeed Platform is using as the authentication provider, and then use the SQLDM Console to verify its security settings.