After initially installing and setting up the IDERA Newsfeed and SQLDM Mobile, there are several tasks you can perform to further customize and streamline your deployment.
For details on the supported installation scenarios, components and architecture, system requirements, and installation instructions see IDERA Newsfeed and SQLDM Mobile.
To deploy only the Newsfeed, see Install IDERA Newsfeed only.
Suggested configuration workflow
Follow this step ...
Ensure each SQLDM application has an owner.
Verify that each SQL Server instance monitored by your SQLDM applications is available through the Newsfeed user interface. The IDERA Newsfeed Platform automatically creates a profile for each monitored instance so that your team can immediately begin following them.
For each server:
Verify that the Repository grooming settings meet your data retention needs.
Available configuration tasks
- Assign an owner to a server
- Assign an owner to an application
- Change a server or application profile
- Change the Web Server settings for SQLDM Mobile
- Change your account settings
- Change the Newsfeed administrator
- Configure how the IDERA Newsfeed Platform authenticates with SQLDM
- Configure the IDERA News Repository
- Configure Mobile and Newsfeed email settings
- Invite coworkers
- Manage Users
- Manage your profile
- View application status