SQL Diagnostic Manager lets you collect statistics and perform trend analysis over time. Table Statistics allow you to designate the days and times SQL Diagnostic Manager collects table growth and reorganization statistics. Because statistics collection can negatively impact performance, SQL Diagnostic Manager allows you to designate an individual Table Statistics collection time for the SQL Server instances. Configure a time you know the instance is utilized less than normal.
In addition, you can limit the amount of performance impact by utilizing the following:
- Limit reorganization to databases over a set size, which eliminates the reorganization of small, rarely-used tables.
- Select Databases to Exclude and selecting the appropriate databases. by clicking
Access the Table Statistics tab
You can access the Table Statistics tab of the Monitor SQL Server Properties window by right-clicking the appropriate monitored SQL Server instance, and then selecting Properties. Click Table Statistics when SQL Diagnostic Manager displays the Monitored SQL Server Properties window.
Schedule table statistics collection
Table Statistics collection is a resource-intensive process. Schedule your collection time for non-peak hours to reduce the possibility of your users experiencing decreased performance.
The SQL Diagnostic Manager Collection Service may not include fragmentation data for a particular table for any of the following reasons:
- Table statistics collection has not occurred.
- The database hosting the table is excluded from collection.
- The table size does not meet the minimum size threshold.
- The database hosting the table is not accessible.
- The table is locked.
SQL Diagnostic Manager identifies and resolves SQL Server performance problems before they happen. Learn more > >