The Alert Templates window allows you to configure generic alert settings that you can apply to servers and groups of servers in your organization. Alert templates save you time and help you to avoid mistakes by simplifying alert configuration across your environment. SQL Diagnostic Manager allows you to export and share an existing alert template in the IDERA community site to suit your needs when alerting on your monitored SQL Server instances.
To export an alert template:
- Select Tools > Alert Configuration Templates.
- Select the template from the list and click Export.
- In the Save As dialog box, indicate in which folder and under what name to save the alert template XML file.
- In the "Selected Alert Template Exported Successfully" notification, click OK.
To export all your alert templates at once:
- Select Administration > Import/Export and click Alert Template in the export column.
- In the Browse For Folder dialog box, indicate in which folder you want to save the alert templates XML files.
- Click OK in the "Alert templates exported successfully" notification.
Import an alert template
For instructions on importing an alert template, see Import an existing template.