This procedure guides you through the installation of the SQL Diagnostic Manager Console only.
You must have a full installation of SQL Diagnostic Manager already running in your environment before attempting to install the SQL Diagnostic Manager desktop client console.
Perform your install
You can install SQL Diagnostic Manager desktop client console on any computer that meets or exceeds the product requirements.
To install SQL Diagnostic Manager Console only:
- Log on with an administrator account to the computer on which you want to install the SQL Diagnostic Manager desktop client console.
- Navigate to the location where the SQL Diagnostic Manager Console file resides in the distribution media.
- If you use an x64 operating system, run
SQLDiagnosticManager-x64_c.exe.If you use an x86 OS, run
- On the Welcome window of the setup program, click Next.
- Review the license agreement. To accept this license agreement, click I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- Select the default installation location or specify a different path.
- Choose whether you want any user or only the current user to access this application, and then click Next.
- Verify that SQL Diagnostic Manager displays Console Only as selected, and then click Next.
- Click Install to indicate that you are ready to complete your install with the configurations you specified.
- Click Finish to exit the setup program.
Complete the post-installation steps
When you first open the SQL Diagnostic Manager desktop client console, you must complete the fields necessary to connect to your existing SQL Diagnostic Manager Repository. It is important that you have the information available to connect to the proper SQL Server instance and SQL Diagnostic Manager Repository database using the proper authentication credentials.