You can log on to the IDERA Newsfeed from within the SQLDM Console or to SQLDM Mobile from your mobile device. The default Web address or URL for SQLDM Mobile is: //MyWebServer/SQLdm.
When you log on to SQLDM Mobile, the SQLDM Management Service validates your email address against the address specified for your Newsfeed account and then validates your password against the credentials of your SQLDM account. SQLDM Mobile does not store your password. In environments that use Windows authentication, SQLDM Mobile impersonates your user account when connecting to the SQLDM Repository database. In environments that use SQL Authentication, SQLDM Mobile uses the provided username and password. When the Repository connection succeeds, the SQLDM Mobile Log In is authenticated and remains in use until you log off from SQLDM Mobile.
To get a more streamlined experience with the IDERA Newsfeed, such as directly linking to an ongoing story from a notification email, choose to keep yourself logged on.
To log on to the IDERA Newsfeed within SQLDM:
- In the navigation pane of the SQLDM Console, click Newsfeed.
- In the Email text box at the upper right corner, type the email address you specified when you signed up with the IDERA Newsfeed.
- Click Log In.
To log on to SQLDM Mobile using your Mobile device:
- If you want to connect through a VPN:
- Connect to your corporate network or Intranet using your Windows credentials.
- Type the SQLDM Mobile URL in the address bar of your mobile browser.
- If you want to connect without a VPN, type the SQLDM Mobile URL in the address bar of your mobile browser.
- On the Log On window, type the:
- Email address you specified when you signed up with the IDERA Newsfeed.
- Password of the Windows account you use when accessing SQLDM.
- Tap Log In.