The MONyog.ini is the configuration file used by SQL DM for MySQL to read the configuration and is created when MONyog(SQL DM for MySQL) service is started for the first time. It consists of different parameters and can be used to customize a few settings as well. MONyog.ini consists of the following parameters:
- Port: The port at which SQL DM for MySQL listens to the HTTP requests. The default port is 5555, but you can change it to any open port available on the system where SQL DM for MySQL is running.
- Password: This field stores the obfuscated form of the admin password for SQL DM for MySQL UI. Hence, you can not change/edit the admin password from here, you can do it from the SQL DM for MySQL UI ("User profile" icon at the top right corner)
- Data_path: This gives the default data path at which SQL DM for MySQL stores the collected data from all the registered servers. A user can change the data path from here in order to store data to the desired location.
- Registration_name: The registration name used while registering the license keys in SQL DM for MySQL.
- Key: The license key used to register SQL DM for MySQL.
- Install_ID: This gives the unique ID associated with each SQL DM for MySQL installation.
- Overview_Available: It determines whether the Overview page is available in SQL DM for MySQL or not. The default value is 1, indicating Overview page will be available. User can make it 0, if they do not want this page to be displayed.
- MONyogLogPath(Not present in the default MONyog.ini file): It can be used to change the default MONyog.log path, for e.g: MONyogLogPath=/home/ubuntu/MONyogLog/
Please stop MONyog(SQL DM for MySQL) service before making any changes to any of the below parameters.
Depending on the mode of SQL DM for MySQL installation, you can find the MONyog.ini file in the below locations:
- Linux System
It is created when MONyog(SQL DM for MySQL) service is started for the first time. A default MONyog.ini looks like this:
Apart from the above default parameters, you can also use MONyog.ini file to change the default MONyog-bin.pid file location from "/var/run/" to some other directory. A user can give the path in the MONyog.ini file like: “Pid_file_path=/abc/xyz".