You can find the Core Factor Table option on the following views:
- Instances > SQL Licensing by Instances - The Core Factor Table option is located on the action items bar of the SQL Licensing by Instance section.
- Instances > SQL Licensing by Server - The Core Factor Table option is located on the action items bar of the SQL Licensing by Server section.
- Administration tab - The Core Factor Table option is located in the MS SQL Server Licensing - Core Factors Tables section.
Note that Core Factor Table values are set by Microsoft. However, privileged administrators can make changes when necessary. This window provides these values to help calculate the number of possible core licenses for your physical servers.
The Core Factor Table displays the following information:
- SQL Server Version. Displays the versions of SQL Server associated with the processor types and core factors.
- Processor Type. Displays a group or description of processor types.
- Core Factor. Displays the numerical value provided by Microsoft based on the CPU. This value helps determine the number of core licenses necessary.
- Last updated. Displays a timestamp for the most recent change to the information displayed in this table.
You can view the data in the Core Factor Table, and then click Check for updates to check to see if there are any updates. IDERA SQL Inventory Manager displays a confirmation window if updates do exist for your Core Factor Table. Click Yes to confirm the update.