This section guides you through the installation of SQL Enterprise Job Manager. You can install IDERA SQL Enterprise Job Manager on any computer that meets or exceeds the product requirements.
If you have not installed your IDERA Dashboard, click here to follow the respective steps.
After you open the SQL Enterprise Job Manager installer file, follow these steps:
- On the welcome window, click Next to continue.
- Read the End-User Licensing Agreement and check the box I accept the terms in the License Agreement, click Next.
On the Destination Folder window select where SQL Enterprise Job Manager will be installed.
The path C:\Program Files\Idera\SQLEJM\ is displayed by default. If you want to change this path, click Change and select the folder where you want to install the product. Click Next.
- Specify the Idera Dashboard Location to install SQL Enterprise Job Manager and type the Administrator Credentials to access this Dashboard.
Register your SQL Enterprise Job Manager instance in the IDERA Dashboard choosing a name for it.
This name is used as the identifier for SQLEJM if multiple instances of the product are installed on the Dashboard.
Specify the Service Account under which the IDERA SQL Enterprise Job Manager services will run and type the respective password. The installer grants the "Log on as a service" right to the account you specify. Click Next.
The Service Account should be specified in the following format: <Domain Name>\<User Name>. Consider that the specified account needs to be a member of the local Administrator group.
On the Service Ports section, type the port that SQL Enterprise Job Manager will use for the Collection Service.
By default, SQL Enterprise Job Manager uses port 9271 for the Collection service. You can change this value according to your requirements.
Consider if the Firewall is enabled, it allows TCP traffic through these ports.
- On the Repository Databases window, select the location and name of the repository. Specify the SQL Server instance where this repository will be created and the name of the EJM Database.
In the same window, set the Connection Credentials that SQL Enterprise Job Manager will use to create this repository database.
By default, the setup program uses the credentials of your Windows login account, but you can change this account by selecting the option: Use Microsoft SQL Server Authentication.
If you choose this option, SQL Enterprise Job Manager opens a new window where you have to specify the Login Name and Password for your SQL Server login account. Click Next.
- Review the installation settings. To change them, click Back to go to the respective window. If you are ready to install SQL Enterprise Job Manager, click Install.
- When the installation of SQL Enterprise Job Manager finishes, a confirmation of completed installation is displayed. Click Finish.
- To access your instance of SQL Enterprise Job Manager, you have to access your IDERA Dashboard. Use the following link in the browser of your choice: http://<ServerName>:9290 where ServerName is the name of the machine on which you installed the IDERA Dashboard.
During the installation process, you should verify that the account provided matches the case-sensitive settings of your Operating System
Port numbers and restrictions
Port values should be between 1 and 65535.
Keep in mind that browsers may block some specific ports. To check a list of all blocked ports on Mozilla Firefox, click here .