New Features in version 2.3
There are no new features in version 2.3
Fixed Issues in version 2.3
SQLENTE-4900 SQL Enterprise Job Manager now offers the "Always Send Email" option in the Configure Alert Email Settings. This option allows SQL EJM to send email alerts for all job-related alerts.
SQLENTE-4911 SQL Enterprise Job Manager now allows to Submit on the Alert Wizard for the Job Wizard.
SQLENTE-4914 SQL Enterprise Job Manager added the ability to configure the location type in the alert rules wizard.
SQLENTE-4922 SQL Enterprise Job Manager web console successfully adds instances in the ''FIPS compliant environments'' dashboard.
SQLENTE-4775 The SQL Enterprise Job Manager repository database is now properly purged when deleting an instance.
SQLENTE-4788 SQL Enterprise Job Manager 2.3 supports a new option for root job lists.
SQLENTE-4869 In the SQL Enterprise Job Manager 2.3 Job Wizard, the operator view settings is successfully configured.
SQLENTE-4917 SQL Enterprise Job Manager database configuration remains configured when editing a job.
SQLENTE-4920 Secondary jobs run successfully when Enterprise Job ManagerJobChain includes root jobs from different instances.
SQLENTE-4924 Job Chain schedule issues have been fixed, meaning that Job Chain is correctly scheduled, updated, and configured.
SQLENTE-4814 Now, it is possible to reconfigure the job's schedule by the drag and drop feature in the Schedule Tab.
SQLENTE-4497 The Server Performance Chart correctly shows CPU information.
SQLENTE-4809 It is now possible to apply Product Administrator permission to a user group.
SQLENTE-4857 The links in the side panel of the overview tab now correctly redirect to the disabled Jobs, disabled Job Chans, and Failed Tasks.
SQLENTE-4899 SQL Enterprise Job Manager now supports .NET 4.8 and below.
SQLENTE-4905 SQL Enterprise Job Manager installation is successful when enabling FIPS.
New Features in version 2.2.1
- SQL Enterprise Job Manager is now integrated with IDERA Dashboard 4.6.
- SQL Enterprise Job Manager now supports Microsoft Windows 2019 and SQL Server 2019 All Editions (Express, Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, etc.)
Fixed Issues in version 2.2.1
SQLENTE-4885 Alert subscriptions are now set properly in the Alert Rules.
SQLENTE-4892 SQL Query´s are now working properly in SSMS when generating job schedules.
SQLENTE-4891 The Job History tab is now refreshing all operations properly.
SQLENTE-4811 Job and Task filters are now working properly in the Schedule tab.
SQLENTE-4904 Upgrades from SQL EJM 2.1 to 2.2.1 are now working as expected.
New Features in version 2.2
- SQL Enterprise Job Manager is now integrated with IDERA Dashboard 188.8.131.52.
- The Home page is renamed to Overview. It is redesigned to allow users to obtain a quick status view of their environment related to scheduled jobs, tasks, and job chains across their enterprise.
- It is redesigned to allow users to get detailed information about their instances, jobs, tasks, and job chains across their environments.
- SQL Enterprise Job Manager now supports SQL Server 2016 and SQL Server 2017.
Fixed Issues in version 2.2
SQLENTE-4736 The SMTP email alerts are sent successfully when one or more subscribers do not have an email address configured.
SQLENTE-4656 The "Refresh" link on the Instances, Jobs, and Dashboard page is working properly now.
SQLENTE-4480 A ZK error message is no longer displaying on the Add/Remove Instances window while Adding a Job in the homepage.
SQLENTE-4603 Users can now add jobs to a custom category with special characters.
SQLENTE-4600 Users can now add or edit a job with a description with special characters.
SQLENTE-4841 Users can now edit jobs created with multiple instances.
Job and Schedule History
SQLENTE-4764 The Maximum Run Time and Average Run Time displayed on the Job History is now displaying the time values in hours/minutes/seconds.
SQLENTE-4749 The Job Chains are now running properly.
SQLENTE-4651 Same repositories names are validated now in the installation wizard.
SQLENTE-4542 The Author/login account used to schedule a task is no longer changing to System name/Administrator when running the task.
SQLENTE-4776 Users have now a "SQL Enterprise Job Manager Help" shortcut in the Start Menu.
New Features in version 2.1
Job overlap viewer
- SQL Enterprise Job Manager now allows you to view and identify jobs running in the same time slot. By modifying settings on overlapping events, users can improve job execution and server resource use.
Maintenance mode for instances
- Version 2.1 allows you to assign a Maintenance mode schedule during Instance registration. You can also choose to disable alerts and notifications during the Maintenance mode period.
Creating Jobs for multiple instances
- SQL Enterprise Job Manager now allows you to create Jobs to be executed simultaneously on multiple instances in your environment.
Server Performance Timeline
- Version 2.1 displays a graphical overview per server. You can view the jobs across all SQL Server instances on a specific server and the number of CPU cycles generated by this workload. Additionally, a job runtime chart displays the jobs that have been run in the server and their duration.
Saving filtering options
- SQL Enterprise Job Manager now allows saving your preferred filtering options to apply them later as needed.
Monitor, edit, and create Windows Tasks on registered instances
- Version 2.1 allows you to monitor and edit scheduled Windows tasks from registered instances, as well as to create new Windows tasks.
- Filter options in the Job History Tab
- Users are now able to filter jobs by Day/Week/Month in the Job History tab.
- Owner and Location properties for Instance Alerts
- Users can now configure Instance type alerts using owner and location properties.
Fixed Issues in 2.1
When users drag and drop a job over a time slot with other scheduled jobs, the schedule is created accurately.
Jobs that are dragged and dropped to a time slot where they are already scheduled are no longer duplicated.
SQL Enterprise Job Manager accurately updates schedules for jobs created between 11:45 and 11:59 p.m. that are dragged and dropped to different time slots.
Users scheduling jobs at 12:00 pm can now see the accurate time displayed in the Schedule tab of the Job Wizard.
Users accessing a specific day from the Month view in the Schedule tab can now see the correct date filter in the respective Day view.
SQL Enterprise Job Manager now displays a warning dialog when users drag and drop jobs in the Schedule tab.
When double-clicking a time slot in the Schedule tab to create a new job, SQL Enterprise Job Manager now displays the selected time in the Job Wizard.
Time filters such as Duration (Schedule and Job History tabs) and # of jobs and # of failed jobs (Instances tab) can now be edited through the respective text boxes.
After returning the Duration filter sliders in the Schedule tab to their original position, the relevant jobs are displayed accurately.
Alerts descriptions remain hidden after selecting any action on the Alerts section of the Welcome Wizard.
The Alert Details window now displays an icon for the Agent Status.
SQL Enterprise Job Manager now allows to edit credentials on a single instance in the Manage SQL Server Instances section of the Administration tab.
Services names are displaying correctly in the warning message that prompts when services are stopped.