By selecting the option Top Failure from the Job Trend Type options on the Job Trends view, you can see those jobs that failed most frequently in your environment.
To customize this trending chart according to your requirements, you can define the following options:
Select the time range in the Trend Duration drop-down options. Choose to view the information by Day, Week, Month, or Year.
Filter the information by Instance, Job Name, Category, and Duration.
For example, you can select to view Top Failure Jobs from last month for Instance A or Top Failure Jobs from last Week for those jobs that lasted inside a defined time range.
Consider that when you select a time range from the Trend Duration options, SQL Enterprise Job Manager displays job trends based on jobs collected over the past selected time range and forecasts this information for the same period of time in the future.
What can you see on the grid information?
Below the Top Failed Jobs chart, you can see a job grid representing the same information available in the chart. This information includes:
- Job Name - The name of the job is included in the chart.
- Instance - The name of the SQL Server instance where the job resides.
- Category - The category of the job used for the trending chart.
- Min Duration - The minimum job duration according to all runs executed in the specified time range.
- Max Duration - The maximum job duration according to all runs executed in the specified time range.
- Average Duration - The average job duration according to all runs executed in the specified time range.
- Last Run Date - The date and time the last job run was executed.
- Count - The number of times the job was executed in the specified time range.
- Failure - The number of times the job failed in the specified time range.
- Trend % - The trend frequency % used for calculating the trend.
To view all events/runs for each job, expand the respective job and SQL Enterprise Job Manager displays each job run/event with its status, duration, and corresponding message information.
What other options are available on the Job Trend Chart?
You can also perform the following actions:
- Hide trend lines - Select the option Hide Trend Lines located on the top left corner of the Job Trend chart to hide trend lines (dotted lines) and view only historical data (hard lines).
- Search Jobs - To search your jobs, use the searcher located on the top right corner of the Job Trend chart.
- Print chart - If you want to print the displayed chart, select the Print Chart option by clicking the download icon on the bottom right corner of the Job Trend chart.
- Download chart - You can download your Job Trend chart as a PNG, JPEG image file, PDF document, or SVG vector file. Find these options under the download icon located on the bottom right corner of the Job Trend chart.
- View By - Select the jobs (monitored jobs, job trends, job chains, tasks, job history, or task history) you would like to see.
- Refresh - To get the latest information, click the Refresh icon located on the right corner of the View By section.
You can hover over a specific job on the graphic to see job details such as date, name, instance, and status.