On the Instances tab tab, you can find a list of all your registered instances, their the most important information of their status, and their jobs.
This tab allows you to see the following information:
- Instance name - displays Displays the name of the registered SQL Server instance.
- Status - displays Displays the status of the SQL Server instance. The status could be: Unknown, Online, Connection Failure, Unsupported SQL Server Version, Authentication Failure, or Error.
- Agent Status - displays Displays the status of the SQL Server Agent services of the respective instance. The agent status could be: Running, Stopped, Stopping, Starting, or Unknown.
- SQL Server Version - displays Displays the version of the SQL Server instances.
- # of Jobs - displays the total number of jobs on each instance.
- # of Failed Jobs - displays the displays the total number of jobs in which the last run outcome was failed.
- Owner - displays the owner specified for each instance.
- Location - displays the location specified for each instance.
- Edition - displays the edition of the SQL Server instances.
- Actions - displays a gear icon where you can find the actions you can perform on a single instance or on several selected instances. To find more information, go to What actions you can perform on a single instance? or What bulk actions can you perform on several instances?.
To export the information displayed in the current view of your Instances tab, go to the top menu options of this tab and click Export. Specify the format you want to use for the exported document: PDF, CSV, or XML.
How do you refresh the information on the Instances tab?
Whenever you want to update the information presented on the Instance list, click theRefresh icon.