On the Instances tab, you can find a list of all your registered instances, the most important information of their status, and their jobs.
This tab allows you to see the following information:
- Instance name - Displays the name of the registered SQL Server instance.
- Status - Displays the status of the SQL Server instance. The status could be: Unknown, Online, Connection Failure, Unsupported SQL Server Version, Authentication Failure, or Error.
- Agent Status - Displays the status of the SQL Server Agent services of the respective instance. The agent status could be: Running, Stopped, Stopping, Starting, or Unknown.
- SQL Server Version - Displays the version of the SQL Server instances.
- # of Jobs - displays the total number of jobs on each instance.
- # of Failed Jobs - displays the total number of jobs in which the last run outcome was failed.
- Owner - displays the owner specified for each instance.
- Location - displays the location specified for each instance.
- Edition - displays the edition of the SQL Server instances.
- Actions - displays a gear icon where you can find the actions you can perform on a single instance or on several selected instances. To find more information, go to What actions you can perform on a single instance? or What bulk actions can you perform on several instances?.
Keep in mind:
- You can sort the information available on this tab by clicking the column header by which you want to order your instances.
- Click the more options icon to select the information you want to hide or show on the Instance list view.
How do you add SQL Server Instances?
To add new SQL Server instances to your environment, go to the top menu options of this tab, and click Add Instance; the wizard for registering instances opens. Go to Registering new SQL Server instances for more information.
How do you edit your Instances?
If you select one or several SQL Server instances, you can find the Edit Properties option on the top bar menu from the Instances tab or from the options displayed on the Editing your SQL Server instances.gear icon. For more information, go to
How do you filter your Instances?
On the left section of the Instances tab, you can find the Filter Table By section that allows you to filter your information according to your requirements. For more information about these options go to Filtering your instances information.
How do you export information available on the Instances tab?
To export the information displayed in the current view of your Instances tab, go to the top menu options of this tab and click Export. Specify the format you want to use for the exported document: PDF, CSV, or XML.
How do you refresh the information on the Instances tab?
Whenever you want to update the information presented on the Instance list, click theRefresh icon.