The Alert Rules tab tab displays the alert rules you have defined for your environment. By default, there are three alert rules (configured in your application:
- SQL Server instance connection failures
- SQL Server Agent not running
- Job Failures
) configured in your application. If you want to edit these default alert rules or if you want to add new ones, go to to Adding and Configuring alert rules.
The Alert Rules tab tab shows a list of alerts alert rules with the following information:
- Name - the The name of the alert rule.
- Description - a A brief description of the alert rule.
- Severity type - the The severity assigned to the alert rule. Severity can be OK, Informational, Warning, or Critical.
- Enabled - if If the alert rule is enabled or disabled.
- Alert type - the The type of alert rule, if it is an instance, jobjob, or task-related alert rule.
- Subscribed - if If you are subscribed to the alert rule or not. For more information, go to to Subscribing to alerts.
- Actions - a A gear icon that lets you access actions that can be performed on a single alert rule or on several selected ones. For more information, go to Performing actions on alert rules.
Read-only users cannot create/edit or remove alert rules in the Alert Rules tab but they can view alert rules properties and subscribe/unsubscribe to an individual or to all critical alert rules.
- Severity type - filter alert rules that have an OK, Informational, Warning, or Critical severity.
- Alert type - filter alert rules according to whether the alert rules are job/task or task or instance-related.
- Enabled - filter alert rules to be displayed according to whether they are enabled or not.
When using filters take into accountconsider that:
You can save your preferred filtering options by typing a name in the Add Filter wizard of the Custom Filter section, section and click clicking Save. Once you save your filter, you can retrieve it from the drop-down bottom of the Custom Filter option option available in on the left side under the Filter Table By section.