The Alert Rules tab displays the alert rules you have defined for your environment. By default, there are three alert rules configured in your application:
- SQL Server instance connection failures
- SQL Server Agent not running
- Job Failures
If you want to edit these default alert rules or to add new ones, go to Adding and Configuring alert rules.
The Alert Rules tab shows a list of alert rules with the following information:
- Name - The name of the alert rule.
- Description - A brief description of the alert rule.
- Severity type - The severity assigned to the alert rule. Severity can be OK, Informational, Warning, or Critical.
- Enabled - If the alert rule is enabled or disabled.
- Alert type - The type of alert rule, if it is an instance, job, or task-related alert rule.
- Subscribed - If you are subscribed to the alert rule or not. For more information, go to Subscribing to alerts.
- Actions - A Performing actions on alert rules. gear icon that lets you access actions that can be performed on a single alert rule or on several selected ones. For more information, go to
Keep in mind:
- Click the more options icon to select the information you want to hide or show on the Job Overlap view list.
- You can define how many jobs you want to view per page. Go to the bottom section of the tab and type the number of jobs you want to see per page.
Read-only users cannot create/edit or remove alert rules in the Alert Rules tab but they can view alert rules properties and subscribe/unsubscribe to an individual or to all critical alert rules.
How can you export the information available on Alert Rules?
To export the information available on the Alert Rules tab, click Export on the top bar menu, and select your preferred format for exporting the information: PDF, CSV, or XML.
How can you filter information on the Alert Rules tab?
To view more specific information, you can filter your alert rules on the left section of this tab under the Filter Table by:
- Severity type - filter alert rules that have an OK, Informational, Warning, or Critical severity.
- Alert type - filter alert rules according to whether the alert rules are job/task or instance-related.
- Enabled - filter alert rules to be displayed according to whether they are enabled or not.
When using filters consider that:
- Click the respective checkbox to add or remove your selections.
- If you want to select filters first and apply the changes later, deselect the Apply Filter Instantly option.
How do you save filters?
You can save your preferred filtering options by typing a name in the Add Filter wizard of the Custom Filter section and clicking Save. Once you save your filter, you can retrieve it from the drop-down bottom of the Custom Filter option available on the left side under the Filter Table By section.
How do you remove filters?
You can remove filters by following these options:
- Use the specific Clear Filter option in each filter. For example, if you want to remove the alert type, click Clear Filter.
- Under Applied filters on the top section or your Alert Rules tab, you can see the filters you have selected, click the X icon next to the ones you want to remove.
- Use the option Clear All Filters on the top section of the Filter Table By to remove all filters.