What's New in ER/Studio Team Server 19.1.1
For the new features and fixed issues in the latest version of ER/Studio Team Server, see What's New.
Team Server shares an installer with the Repository. The use of the Team Server functions requires a Team Server Core license along with an ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition license. Team Server should not be installed on the same system with the client tools.
Random Access Memory (RAM)
|Storage Disk Space|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server|
|Database||Microsoft Azure SQL Database||n/a|
Microsoft SQL Server (Standard, Enterprise)
|Microsoft SQL Server (Express*)|
* Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2012 to 2019 is supported, but presents performance limitations that may be unsuitable for your production environment.
- Integrates with Collibra data governance platform
- Improves workflow for adding custom properties to selected objects
- Allows user to specify a backup folder location when upgrading
- Includes support for a hyperlinked URL on a Term Custom Attribute
- Allows the Team Server admin to hide menu items based on user group
- Updates the user interface colors of tabs to be in line with other similar items
- Updates the API with support for new relationships between Business Glossaries and Business Terms
- Allows Admins to disable Linked Term creation, standard properties of a Business Term
- Allows bulk harvesting of Business Terms and Relationships from Logical Models
- Updates the dm1 file version
- Introduces namespacing of Business Terms to Glossaries
- Provides new relationships between Business Terms
- Includes the ability to remove the "Term Entity Type" property
- Allows you to remove standard properties of Business Terms
- Introduces new graphical visualizations
- Allows Business Term harvesting
- Offers new ribbon bar user interface
- Supports Oracle 18c and 19c
- Exposed submodel hierarchy and entity relationships in REST API
- Supports Snowflake as core platform
- Added logical data types
- Added features for PostgreSQL
- Expanded support for Amazon Redshift
- Expanded support for PostgreSQL
- Extensive support for Amazon Redshift cloud data warehouse:
- Access Redshift via platform-specific ODBC interface
- Includes all Data Architect core features, such as forward & reverse engineering, DDL & ALTER script generation, and compare & merge
- Publish and view Redshift models in Team Server
- 2 new MetaWizard import bridges:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Aurora Database (via JDBC)
- W3C XML Schema Definition (XSD) 1.0 Reverse Engineering
- Bug fixes and enhancements
- 7 new MetaWizard bridges extend the number of accessible platforms:
- AWS Aurora import bridge
- Salesforce Database import bridge
- SAS Base SAS Code, Data Integration, and Library import bridges
- W3C XML Schema Definition (XSD) 1.0 Forward Engineering export bridge
- SAP Data Services (BODI/BODS) data lineage bridge
- Numerous Data Architect usability enhancements and bug fixes, including:
- Business Data Object usage
- Object editor dialogue pop-ups
- Repository properties and model check-in process
- Multiple Team Server usability enhancements and bug fixes, including:
- New Windows authentication support
- Model metadata and publishing improvements
- 20+ new Metadata Import bridges added to Enterprise Team Edition, including Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, SAP HANA Database, and Snowflake Database
- Significant updates and improvements to the Team Server installation and configuration processes
- Oracle 12cR2 has been certified as a deployment platform for repository and Team Server.
- Db2 is no longer available as a supported Team Server hosting platform.
- Improved database connection verification is provided within the repository/Team Server configuration screens.
- It is no longer necessary to uninstall and reinstall Team Server when upgrading from 16.1 or later versions. The installer will now detect an existing version and upgrade in place. Existing settings are retained and shown in the configuration screens for confirmation (or changes as required). All published diagrams and workspaces are now retained in their current published state, allowing quick resumption of normal workflow.
- Full redesign of model/workspace publishing in Team Server
- Publishing has been totally redesigned in ER/Studio 18.0, removing the requirement to republish diagrams when upgrading from version 16.1 or later.
- Publishing has been moved to the main menu in Team Server.
- Publishing console displays several intermediate status values during publication to provide better visibility of status. When all processing is complete, final status will be stated as "Published."
- New options for auto-publish behavior (with override capability), sortable columns, advanced filters, publication scheduling, and drill-down to publication history for each diagram or workspace.
- On the publication page, the refresh button will retain the filters that have been chosen. Filter capability has been fully redesigned in this release, with the ability to define and save complex filter criteria.
- Other enhancements and bug fixes
- Add SQL Server 2017 support for modeling and repository platform
- Extend MongoDB platform support up to version 3.6
- Support for Team Server on Windows Server 2016 OS
- Multiple bug fixes
- Team Server: Performance and publishing improvements
- Data Architect: Additions and enhancements to MetaWizard import and export bridges, including data lineage
- Data Modeling and Lineage
- Universal Mappings enhancements
- Improved relationship diagramming
- Database Platform Support
- Db2 for z/OS v11.x support
- SQL Server 2016 support
- Collaboration and Control
- Glossary binding to model/submodel
- Model change management enhancements and integration with JIRA
- User Experience
- Spell check and revisable text format of editable descriptions in Data Architect
- Relationship color inheritance in Data Architect
- Improved follow capability in Team Server
- Team Server performance improvements and installer/configuration enhancements
- Token-based repository check-out and check-in for both Data Architect and Business Architect
The ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition 2016 provides all the features of ER/Studio Data Architect Professional, plus collaboration features in the ER/Studio Team Server and additional functionality:
- Represent master data and transactional concepts with Business Data Objects
- View Business Data Objects in Team Server
- Access model details in the interactive model image navigator
- Import ETL sources with Data Lineage
- Assign naming standards to models and submodels
- Install a single common database for models and metadata
- Provide product usage statistics on application use (optional)
- Additional platform support for Azure and Teradata