The Filter Settings window allows you to select:
- The time range to filter events, such as Date Range-Begin and Date Range-End.
- The source of the log entry, such as the session ID number.
- The message severity, such as OK, Warning, or Critical.
If the alert is disabled, all messages are informational.
Access the Filter Settings window
To open the Filter Settings window from the SQL Diagnostic Manager Logs tab, select the appropriate SQL Server instance, click Logs, and select Filter.
Settings Server Log filters
To Filter the Server Log:
- Click the Filter button on the Logs tab.
- Verify that SQL Diagnostic Manager displays the correct Source.
- Make the necessary changes in the Message Severity area.
- Type a Date Range-Begin and Date Range-End in the Period section of the Filter Settings window.
- Click OK.