The SQL Inventory Manager displays a read-only log of all the actions and events occurring during the instance discovery process. These events include:
- Discovery started, including type of scan
- Discovery completed, including type of scan and the total number of systems scanned
- Status message for each 100 systems scanned
- Status message when a new SQL Server instance is discovered, including the instance name, discovery method, and user account name used
- Any errors encountered during discovery
- Any password failures encountered during discovery
- All auto-registration activity
To view this log, go to Discovery Status on the Administration tab.
For each activity, SQL Inventory Manager displays a timestamp of the event as well as a message corresponding to the type of event that occurred. The Discovery Status log displays only the last 7 days of activity.
Need more help? Search the Idera Customer Support Portal.